Good medical records – whether electronic or handwritten – are essential for the continuity of care. For health professionals, good medical records are vital for defending a complaint or clinical negligence claim; they provide a window on the clinical judgment being exercised at the time. The presence of a complete, up-to-date and accurate medical record can make all the difference to the outcome.
What are medical records?
Any relevant record made by a health care practitioner at the time or after a consultation and/or examination or the application of health management is considered a medical record.
- Hand-written contemporaneous notes taken by the health care practitioner.
- Notes taken by previous practitioners attending health care or other health care practitioners, including a typed patient discharge summary or summaries.
- Referral letters to and from other health care practitioners.
- Laboratory reports and other laboratory evidence such as histology sections, cytology slides and printouts from automated analysers, X-ray films and reports, ECG traces, etc.
- Audio visual records such as photographs, videos and tape-recordings.
- Other forms completed during the health interaction such as insurance forms, disability assessments and documentation of injury on duty.
- Death certificates and autopsy reports.2
We at RingBinderDepot have the perfect Medical Record binder;
- Keep Track of Your Medical Records — A medical records binder is a great way to use it as an agenda during doctor visits and manage your medical information and keep everything in one convenient place. You can take control of your health, prepare for emergencies or natural disasters, and have quick and easy access to your medical history with this comprehensive medical records binder book.
- Helps you Manage and Organize your Medical Information — All your medical records in one place; your health history at your fingertips with space for your medical reports. This medical records binder is the best way to keep doctors' visits, therapy sessions, and other medical appointments organized. It helps to prevent medical errors and enable you to use appointment time more effectively.
- Saves your Medical History — A medical records binder is great for keeping your medical history. It includes a personal information section with emergency contact notifications, doctor contact list, insurance information, prescribed medications, Immunization records, surgical history, dental and eye exam records, etc. It also helps you arrange and log all appointments and expenses.
- Comprehensive and Easy to Use — Comprehensive yet easy to fill out and clear to read. A medical records binder enables individuals and family caregivers to have their important medical records and documents at their fingertips.
- Compact Size Allows for Convenient Travel — A medical records binder is easy to take directly to the doctor's office to ensure all important information is stored in one place.
Drop in at RingBinderDepot.com and find more information about our medical record organizers today. Sign up and avail and discount on your purchase.